The UP Health System - Portage Fitness Center in Houghton offers competitive rates and specialized programs to help people of all ages achieve their personal fitness and health goals.
Fitness Center Guidelines
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines to help us ensure the safety of our members and staff.
- Do not come to the Fitness Center if you are not feeling well or are having any symptoms of illness.
- Fitness participants will use the back entrance to enter and exit the facility.
- Please scan your fitness card at the front desk, near the entrance to the gym.
- Equipment must be cleaned after each use by the user - disinfecting wipes or spray will be available throughout the gym.
What are your health goals?
- Do you want to lose weight?
- Be more toned?
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle?
Whatever your goals may be, we can help.
Our philosophy is simple
We think anyone and everyone has the right to a fit lifestyle. You can start wherever you are right now and take steps toward a better, healthier you. Our staff is here to show you how.
What can our facility offer you?
- Great location
- Locker rooms with men's and women's saunas
- Personal trainers on staff
- State-of-the-art cardio equipment and weight resistance machines (including Cybex, Precor, Woodway, Scifit and Freemotion)
- TRX Suspension training
- BodyCraft cycling bikes
- BoSU balls
- Free weights
- Indoor rowing machine
- Group exercise room
- Fun and friendly atmosphere
- Towel service (see Front Desk for towels)
- Fitness Cinema
- Stretching area
- Monday – Thursday, 5:30 am - 9 pm
- Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 9 am - 7 pm
921 W Sharon Avenue
Houghton, MI 49931