- Virtual Classes: Virtual classes are held in the comfort of your own home via Zoom. Simply register for a Fitness Class and an email with the Zoom link will be sent to you. If you have any issues signing up or accessing our virtual classes, please do not hesitate to call us at 906.483.1149 or 906.483.1153.
- In-Person Classes: We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines to help us ensure the safety of our members and staff.
- Do not come to the Fitness Center if you are not feeling well or are having any symptoms of illness.
- Fitness participants will use the back entrance to enter and exit the facility.
Registration for Fitness Classes
For more information or to register, please call (906) 483-1149. Classes can be booked on your mobile device (iPhone, Android) by downloading the Free MemberMe+ app. Add Portage Fitness Center as your “Home Club”. Classes can be booked if you have a valid class punch card, which can be purchased at the Fitness Center.
Classes can also be booked online by clicking on the button below and registering for an account. Classes can be booked whether you have a valid class punch card or not.
Per session: $5
Fitness Classes 16-session punchcard: $70
$360 Annually ($30/month)
$600 Annual membership & unlimited classes ($50/month)
- Core Cycle — Same great cardio workout as indoor cycling followed by a challenging 15-minute core session.
- Cycle Flex — Class begins with a powerful ride on the spin bike. After cycling, you climb off the bike and head to the floor for strength training intervals using a variety of equipment. Class fun will vary!
- Core Mix — An excellent full-body, functional fitness workout focused on strengthening the abdominals and toning the core.
- Core Pilates — Mat Pilates is a strengthening and lengthening form of exercise that focuses on your core (trunk) muscles while also training your arms and legs. This class incorporates all the key principles of Pilates such as postural alignment, breathing, core stability, controlled movement, and flexibility.
- Core Stretch — Combine a great core workout with stretching exercises in this fun, social class designed for any fitness level. The first part of class will focus on exercises to strengthen and tone the core. The second half of the class will focus on stretching exercises using stretching straps and foam rollers.
- FUNctional Fitness — Enjoy fitness and friends for this fun, socially interactive class designed to maintain and improve a daily active lifestyle for all activity levels. Beginners are encouraged to attend.
- Indoor Cycling — This class is an amazing cardio challenge made up of varying speeds and resistance levels, hill climbs, flat runs, and more. Music will keep you on the proper pace while keeping you thoroughly motivated. Let the instructor guide you through a ride that you can tailor to fit your fitness levels and goals. This class is great for all fitness levels because participants set their own resistance levels.
- Phase III — designed to introduce new members to our facility. Participants will become comfortable and familiar with the equipment and incorporate new means of exercise such as strength training, machines, and free weights. For those that are interested, we monitor oxygen levels, heart rate, and blood pressure before and after your exercise to ensure your health and safety. All are welcome!
- Power Circuit — Burn calories while you develop muscular strength and endurance as you transition through the various fundamental and foundational movements of strength training. levels, heart rate, and blood pressure before and after class.
- SHiNE Dance Fitness™️ — This class is a full-body workout with cardio and toning routines that feels like a dance party with friends! SHiNE™️ uses hit music with dance moves rooted in jazz, ballet, and hip hop. All fitness levels are welcome.
- TRX 30 — TRX 30 is designed for those who are looking to get in and out of the gym quickly. If you are pressed for time or on your lunch break this would be a great fit. This quick & effective workout will incorporate total-body moves using the TRX bands and various pieces of equipment.
- Yoga — Challenge your body and improve overall fitness. This yoga class blends power and balance to increase strength and flexibility.