Home Care & Hospice
Home health services are provided by UP Health System Home Care & Hospice. Our caregivers are friends and neighbors from your local area who bring you professional and personal care.
Being at home with family and friends is important to your sense of well-being and to the healing process. We're committed to providing expert care while helping you be as independent as possible. Our home care agency, with caregivers that are friends and neighbors from your local area, provide special continuity form the hospital to your home. We provide care throughout central Upper Michigan and northeastern Wisconsin.
If you have been discharged from the hospital, we want to provide an uninterrupted continuum of care for you as you transition back to your regular routine. If you are unable to leave your home, we offer many services to enrich your life and help you feel like part of the community.
Home Care helps with:
- Managing chronic conditions such as COPD, diabetes, congestive heart failure, kidney disease, or high blood pressure
- Recovering from surgery or a serious medical event such as a heart attack or stroke
- Help with wound care
- Help understand and manage your medication
- Special dietary requirements
- Monitoring treatment progress
- Mobility challenges or fear of falling
Hospice professionals provide the emotional, spiritual, and medical support needed when patients are facing the final stages of life. The goal is to help patients live comfortably, and with dignity when a cure is no longer possible. For many hospice patients, the familiarity of home offers a great sense of comfort and security. Hospice care can be provided in any place a patient calls home, including nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Hospice Care helps with:
- Counseling and bereavement support services
- Medical treatment to address symptoms, with particular emphasis on controlling pain and discomfort
- Maximizing quality, relationships, and experiences at the end of a patient's life
- Specialized care for veterans
- Dedicated volunteers for assistance and support
When you or someone you love is living with a terminal illness, quality of life matters more than ever. Our hospice care program can be provided in any place a patient calls home.
For questions or concerns regarding UP Health System | Home Health & Hospice:
Home Health Executive Director
Hospice Executive Director
722 W. Washington Street
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: 906.228.4325 | Fax: 906.225.4889