Verified Trauma Centers
UP Health System receives trauma patients from throughout the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. When trauma patients arrive, a team of physicians, nurses, and appropriate support staff are already assembled and prepared for rapid assessment and treatment.
UP Health System - Marquette has been verified as a Level II Trauma Center by the Committee on Trauma (COT) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). This achievement recognizes the hospital's dedication to providing optimal care for injured patients. The verification must be renewed every three years.
Since 2007, the UP Health System - Portage Trauma Center has been verified as a Level 3 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. UP Health System - Portage was the first in the state to earn this designation.
Verified trauma centers must meet the essential criteria that ensure trauma care capability and institutional performance, as outlined by the American College of Surgeons' Committee on Trauma in its current Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient manual.
Nationally-Recognized Emergency Heart Care
We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best heart care treatment available. Our facilities use the newest methods and best practices in heart care to ensure that our patients receive:
- Right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack.
- Timely and accurate diagnoses to reduce the disruption to your life and get you back home as soon as possible.
- Help and communication to better understand how to respond to your heart emergencies.
- Improved quality of life after a heart episode.
ACC Accreditation Services, the Accrediting Arm of the American College of Cardiology, has recognized UP Health System with various designations:
- UP Health System - Bell: Accredited Chest Pain Center
- UP Health System - Marquette: Accredited Cath Lab with PCI; Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI
- UP Health System - Portage: Accredited Chest Pain Center
One Call - Patient Transfer Center
The One Call Patient Transfer Center is also available 24/7 to facilitate seamless transfers of patients into UP Health System - Marquette, the federally-designated Regional Referral Center for the Upper Peninsula.
Click here to read about chest pain awareness.