Registered Nurse Resident Apprenticeship Program at UP Health System
UP Health System offers a Registered Nurse (RN) Resident Apprenticeship Program for all new and recent RN graduates to support and prepare them in their transition to clinical practice.
Transitioning from the classroom to the bedside can be a difficult journey. The apprenticeship program is designed to support recent graduate nurses as they develop proficiency in both their new roles and our organization's culture.
The program spans the first year of employment at UP Health System and consists of three phases:
- Phase One: Clinical competency
- Phase Two: Culture and transition
- Phase Three: Leadership development
Throughout each phase, nurses will experience a blend of learning through online training, on-the-job training, and reflection and integration with preceptor and mentor support with current qualified and driven nurses at UP Health System.
- Continuous support from experienced mentors & preceptors
- Competitive pay rates
- Program tuition reimbursement (when eligible or enrolled in a current course)
- Expansive benefit package with generous paid time off
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Supportive leadership and culture
To learn more about the apprenticeship program, contact the following:
Julie Nordberg, MSN, RN
Director of Inpatient Nursing Services
UP Health System – Marquette
Human Resources Generalist
UP Health System – Portage
June Hanson, MHL, BSN
Chief Nursing Officer
UP Health System – Bell