Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers, and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
- The main entrance to the hospital is open from 5 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The Gift Well Gift Shop is closed until further notice
- Coffee for a Cause is closed until further notice
- The Baraga Bistro Café will only be open for employees
These measures are in place to protect our facility and our community. Please know that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal flu, and other respiratory illnesses.
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS NOW IN EFFECT
The following visitor restriction and screening guidelines have been implemented at all UP Health System hospitals per Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-07 for the State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-521697–,00.html
- Effective immediately and continuing through April 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm, all health care facilities must prohibit from entering their facilities any visitors that:
- Are not necessary for the provision of medical care, the support of activities of daily living, or the exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual under the facility’s care;
- Are not a parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual who is 21 years of age or under who is under the facility’s care;
- Are not visiting an individual under the facility’s care that is in serious or critical condition or in hospice care;
- And are not visiting under exigent circumstances or for the purpose of performing official government functions.
- Effective immediately and continuing through April 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm, all health care facilities must perform a health evaluation of all individuals that are not under the care of the facility each time the individual seeks to enter the facility and must deny entry to those individuals who do not meet the evaluation criteria. The evaluation criteria include:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department – www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER: 906.487.5545 (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department - www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services - www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER: 1.888.535.6136 (7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association – www.mha.org
- Executive Order 2020-07: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-521697--,00.html
- Patient Hygiene Reminder - It's OK to ask.
- Handwashing Reminders
- Handwashing & Hand Sanitizer Use at Home, at Play, and Out and About