Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers, and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments. The information below reflects the visitor restrictions, closures, and screening guidelines for UP Health System - Marquette.
- The main entrance to the hospital is open from 5 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The Baraga Bistro Café will only be open for employees
These measures are in place to protect our facility and our community. Please know that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal flu, and other respiratory illnesses.
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS NOW IN EFFECT
At UP Health System – Marquette, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidelines as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective Monday, August 3, 2020, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- Inpatient Visiting Hours | 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM daily. Please use the main entrance of the hospital.
- Patients will be limited to one designated, well visitor for the duration of the patient’s stay. This also includes one companion for outpatient appointments and one support person for obstetric patients (including one certified doula or midwife during labor).
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry, and will be required to wear a mask and a dated UPHS visitor sticker for identification at all times while in the facility.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department – www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER: 906.487.5545 (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department - www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services - www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER: 1.888.535.6136 (7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association – www.mha.org
- Executive Order 2020-07: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-521697--,00.html